managers - person who plans, organizes, direct and control the allocation of human, material, financial and information resources in pursuit of organization's goals.
management - process of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling (POLC) by refers to the practices and policies you need to carry out the people or personnel aspects of your management job.
1.2 importance of managment
- equip personnel with effort management theories and practise.
- better and effective manager - solve problem, making good decision and effective utilization of organization resources.
- to understand many events, challenges and skills.
- help organization achieve higher level of performance .
1.3 basic function all managers perform
-established goals and standards
-developing rules and procedures
-developing plan and forecasting
-predicting or projecting some future occurence.
-giving subordinate specific task
-delegating authority to subordinates
-getting others to get the jobe done
- setting standards such as sales, quality standars and production level.
- checking to see how actual performances compares with these standars.
-taking corrective as needed.
1.4 managerial levels
three managerial level
a) top manager - president, vice president, chief executice officer (CEO)
b) middle manager - head department, head of division, operating manager, factory manager.
c) first line manager - technical supervisor, moderator, clecrical supervisor.